The course is designed to help students understand the theory and techniques involved in accounting and financial management. The diploma course covers the areas of accounting, auditing, economics, finance, IT and business. Students may apply for exemptions from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and the Business of Acounting degree of their choice on successfully completing the course.
Prior to the start of any year of a course (including prior to the start of year 1 at the application stage), a student may request exemption from one or more specific taught modules during the year on the basis of previous qualifications or experience.
Exemptions will only be considered where the relevant course regulations allow for module exemptions to be granted.
Students with relevant Diploma or equivalent qualifications will be exempted from academic year 1 and 2 depending on their qualifications, subjects to approval from the Examination Board.
Assessment is through a mix of examination, coursework and essays, plus other oral and activity-based assignments. Coursework includes problem-solving activities, consultancy projects, presentations and individual and group reports.
Graduates will be awarded the MQA(Malaysian Qualifications Agency) accredited Diploma after completion of all three academic years.
- Statistic and Numerical Methods
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Business Communication
- Business Organisation
- Accounting Principles
- English for Learning
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies / Moral Studies
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Micro Economics
- Business Mathematics and Statistics Management
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- Financial management
- Business Information Systems
- Business Law
- Introduction to Financial Reporting and Audi
- Management Accounting
- Taxation Systems
- Intermediate Financial Accounting III
- Company Law
- Human Resource Management
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Auditing Applications
- Macro Economics
- Investment and Financial Analysis
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on your overall suitability for the course as well as whether you meet the minimum entry requirements.
We welcome applications from International students. Please check the minimum entry qualification below and contact our counselor for a specific entry requirement information.
- A pass in SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics, and a pass in English; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
- A pass in SKM Level 3 in a related field and a pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject with credits in Mathematics and a pass in English; OR
- A certificate or its equivalent in a related field.
Graduates are exceptionally well suited to positions in which business analysis and reflection are applied towards making strategic and operational contributions to the functioning, improvement and renewal of commercial and non-commercial organizations
Graduates can seek various career opportunities at executive levels such as:
- Accounting Technicians
- Audit Assistants
- Tax Assistants
- Costing Administrators
- Administrative Assistants in Professional Firms and Organisations