Diploma in Computer Networking is uniquely designed to develop competent professionals with strong technical skills to implement and manage computer network infrastructure in all sectors of the computing community. This programme not only prepares students to obtain the diploma but also many prestigious professional certifications.
Prior to the start of any year of a course (including prior to the start of year 1 at the application stage), a student may request exemption from one or more specific taught modules during the year on the basis of previous qualifications or experience.
Exemptions will only be considered where the relevant course regulations allow for module exemptions to be granted.
Students with relevant Diploma or equivalent qualifications will be exempted from academic year 1 and 2 depending on their qualifications, subjects to approval from the Examination Board.
Assessment is through a mix of examination, coursework and essays, plus other oral and activity-based assignments. Coursework includes problem-solving activities, consultancy projects, presentations and individual and group reports.
Graduates will be awarded the MQA(Malaysian Qualifications Agency) accredited Diploma after completion of all three academic years.
- MATH0102 Statistic and Numerical Methods
- CSCA0201 Fundamentals of Computing
- INFO0301 Computing Ethics
- MPU2163 Pengajian Malaysia 2/ MPU2133 Bahasa Komunikasi 1
- ENGL0102 English for Learning
- PROG0201 C Programming
- ENGL0202 English for Professional
- MPU2211 Bahasa Kebangsaan A / MPU2312 Entrepreneurship Skillls 1
- CSCA0202 Computer Systems and Architecture
- MMGD0204 Web Application Technologies
- MPU2412 Community Service 1
- ACCT0102 Accounting Principles
- MPU3212 Organisational Behaviour in Multi Ethnic Society in Malaysia 1
- COMM0202 Computer Communication and Networking
- PROG0204 Object Oriented Programming with C++
- SASD0301 Human Computer Interaction
- SASD0201 Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- CSCA0203 Operating System
- COMM0302 Networks Technologies
- MMGD0305 Internet Connectivity
- PROG0205 Java Programming
- MMGD0203 Multimedia Design
- Elective (Choose 1 from 3)
- PROJ0304 Industrial Training
- PROG0305 Network Programming
- INFO0304 Network Security
- Elective (Choose 1 from 3)
- PROJ0303 Project
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on your overall suitability for the course as well as whether you meet the minimum entry requirements.
We welcome applications from International students. Please check the minimum entry qualification below and contact our counselor for a specific entry requirement information.
- Pass SPM with 3 credits including credits in MATHEMATICS
Data Communication Engineer, EDP Executive, Server Administration, Gateway Engineer, IT Executive, Linux-System Engineer, Messaging Engineer, MIS Engineer, MIS Executive, MIS Specialist, Network Engineer, Network Operations Controller, Network Specialist, Network Support Analyst, Server Engineer, Technical Manager, Wireless Network Engineer.