PostArrival Procedures To FTMS College
- Report to International Student Office, FTMS College
- The student must report to the International Student Office, FTMS College (located at Ground Floor) upon arrival or the following day. The following needs to be done at the ISO:-
- Fill Up Relevant Forms.
- Student Data Form.
- Insurance Form.
- Students will be briefed by Counselor about FTMS and other relevant information.
- Students are advised not to make travel plans out of Malaysia during this time.
- It is COMPULSORY for students to attend the induction scheduled. Important information is communicated for studies in Malaysia.
- All students are required to sit for the English Placement Test. The test will be held at English Lab (located at 2nd Floor in FTMS College). The test results will be released on the following day. Students get the results from their Schools.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement may be required to undergo an Intensive English Programme for a minimum period of 3 Months or additional remedial English classes in the first semester.
Submission of Passport for StudentPass Endorsement / Extension
- New students MUST submit their passport for endorsement together with visa charges – these are payable to the Malaysian Immigration Dept and depends on country of origin.
- Students are provided with a certified true copy of passport and a receipt as temporary identification pending the endorsement process.
- Failure to hand in passports for endorsement may result in students overstaying their current visit passes or be classified as illegal immigrants by the Malaysian Immigration Department. Note:
For existing students who need to extend the Student Passes:
- Student MUST submit passport and required documents one (1) month before the current Student Pass expires. Failure to do so may result in late approvals and additional payments to obtain a Special Pass to avoid overstaying.
- The student pass/visa extension procedure takes up to four (4) weeks. However, the Malaysia Immigration Department may take longer time during festive and holiday periods in the year. It is advisable to submit passports early for renewal. Students are requested not to make travel plans outside Malaysia during the endorsement process.
- Overstaying is a serious offence under Malaysian law and can result in imprisonment and deportation. Compound fines for overstaying Student Passes is RM1,000 and increases for repeat offences.
- In addition FTMS also imposes fines up to RM1,000 to cover emergency administrative paperwork and manpower to solve cases.
- Students are referred to FTMS College’s Rules & Regulations governing their academic rights and obligations during their tenure of study in FTMS College.