ACCA’s flexible course structure has set seven years to pass the exams at Strategic Professional level. The time limits starts when you pass your first Strategic Professional level exam.
There are no time limits for passing the Applied Knowledge and Skills level
A maximum of nine exams at the Fundamentals level of the ACCA Qualification can be awarded. However no exemptions are awarded for the Strategic Professional Level
To see if you can apply for any exemptions, use our ACCA Exemptions calculator. (http://www.accaglobal.com/my/en/help/exemptions-calculator.html)
- Exemptions can only be awarded on the basis of qualifications awarded by recognised institutions (i.e. those which are recognised by the local Ministry of Education as public sector institutions or the equivalent status under their regulations). If your qualification is not listed on the exemption enquiry database, please send your documentation to ACCA Connect, for further review.
- Students will be required to pay an exemption fee for each paper awarded. Exemption fees are the same as examination fees.
- Any documentation which is not in English must be officially translated before submission.
100% of final examination which are held four (4) times in a year in March, June, September and December.
By ACCA, UK. On successful completion of the ACCA professional examination with relevant working experience will enable graduates to become Chartered Certified Accountants, use the designatory letters ACCA.
- AB – Accountant in Business
- MA – Management Accounting
- FA – Financial Accounting
- LW – Corporate and Business Law (Malaysia)
- PM – Performance Management
- TX – Taxation (Malaysia)
- FR – Financial Reporting
- AA – Audit and Assurance
- FM – Financial Management
Strategic Professional Level
- SBL – Strategic Business Leader
- SBR – Strategic Business Reporting
Options (2 to be completed)
- AFM – Advanced Financial Management
- APM – Advanced Performance Management
- ATX – Advanced Taxation (Malaysia)
- AAA – Advanced Audit and Assurance
Ethics and Professional Skills Module
ACCA student needs complete the Professional Ethics Module before qualifying. This is an online module focuses on developing the complete range of vital skills employers now seek whilst retaining a focus on being an ethical accountant.
Professional ethics is the heart of the ACCA qualification. It is covered in 11 out of 15 exams including all the professional papers. There are no strict rules on when you have to take the Ethics and Professional Skills module, but you must complete it before applying for ACCA membership. The module is open to you after you’ve completed papers F1, F2 and F3.
We normally would recommend you take the Professional Ethics Module at the same time as you study Strategic Professional level – Essentials, or before.